Remodel your kitchen. Going green is a concept that will help protect the environment, conserve natural resources and save money at the same time. This gives you plenty of incentive to incorporate green concepts in their remodel hgtv budget diy.
Because your kitchen is probably the most used room in your home, so it’s green kitchen remodel hgtv budget diy can have a huge impact on the environment and their energy bills.
1. Replace appliances in your kitchen with energy-efficient models. Look for ones that have Energy Star stickers. Energy Star is a government program that tests the devices for energy efficiency.
2. Replace the lighting in your kitchen with compact fluorescent bulbs. CFLs use up to 75 percent less energy than incandescent counterparts. The conversion to CFLs is handy for another reason, too. Most incandescent bulbs are scheduled to be withdrawn from the market in the United States in 2012.
3. Use the options environmentally friendly paint. For example, paints may be found less volatile organic compounds other paints. VOCs are harmful to the environment.
4. Find new kitchen cabinets that are made from recycled materials or renewable resources. Two examples are recycled wheatboard and bamboo cabinets, which are put together with glue environmental water based.
5. Search green materials to use for your kitchen remodeling. For example, cork and concrete are green options for soil. Replace the tops with greener materials such as recycled glass or cast as solid terrazzo concrete.
Tips and Warnings
Try to recycle cabinets and materials removed from your kitchen. Find other places where you can use at home. Some charities accept Rescue cabinets, too.